I’m so thrilled to work with Lee Jeans to help promote and fundraise for their annual Lee National Denim Day!
Denim Day was created in 1996 as a single-day fundraiser to fight breast cancer. This year, October 7 is Lee National Denim Day – a day when supporters nationwide come together to put on their jeans in exchange for contribution to the fight against breast cancer with the goal of raising millions of dollars in a single day. The money raised benefits the Women’s Cancer Programs of the Entertainment Industry Foundation (EIF) which include Lee Laboratories, the EIF Breast Cancer Biomarker Discovery Project and Cancer Support Communities.
Lee Jeans wants to raise the stakes this year. Are you ready for it?
Thirty bloggers will compete to RAISE THE MOST MONEY for breast cancer research!
I have LOTS of prizes to give away! AND…if Team Wendy Will Blog beats out the other 29 bloggers in raising the most money I will have a $250 shopping spree at Lee to give away!
Here are the FAQs!
When does the contest start and end?
– Fundraising contest begins September 20 – October 7, 2011.
How much should I donate?
– Lee is asking you to donate whatever you’d normally spend on a new pair of jeans.
– I’m asking you to donate what you can.
Why is breast cancer research important?
– Because one in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
– One person is diagnosed with breast cancer EVERY THREE MINUTES in the United States.
– There were 207,000+ new cases of breast cancer reported in the U.S. last year and almost 40,000 deaths from the disease.
– There are more than 2.5 million SURVIVORS alive in the U.S. today (Yeah baby, and I’m one of them!)
– About 10-15% of breast cancers are found in women UNDER 45 years old!
What about the prizes?
– Grand Prize: A $250 shopping spree will be given away randomly to anyone who makes a donation by 10/7/11.*
– I will have one $100 gift card to Yard House Restaurants to give away randomly to anyone who makes a donation by 10/7/11.**
– I will have one pair of Lee Jeans for random give away to 2 separate people who make a donation by 10/7/11.***
– I will have ten pink ribbon pins for random give away to 10 separate people during who share on Facebook or Tweet this post during 9/20/11 – 10/7/11.***
– Join Team Wendy Will Blog here!
– DONATE here on the Team Wendy Will Blog team page.
– Please come back here and leave a comment that “You’ve Joined the Lee Jeans Fight Against Breast Cancer!”
– Share this link on your Facebook page and you will be entered in the drawing for a pink ribbon pin! (leave a comment saying you did so)
– ReTweet this post on Twitter and you will be entered in the drawing for a pink ribbon pin! (leave a comment saying you did so)
The fine print:
Lee Jeans contacted me to partner with them on their annual Lee National Denim Day.
Lee Jeans has graciously given me two pairs of Lee Jeans and National Denim Day attire of my choosing.
*Lee Jeans will award the blogger who raises the most money during 9/20/11-10/7/11 with a $250 shopping spree. My intentions are to randomly give the $250 shopping spree at Lee to anyone who makes a donation through the Team Wendy Will Blog team page. I do not intend on keeping the $250 shopping spree for my personal use.
**I am personally donating a $100 gift card to Yard House Restaurants.
***Lee Jeans is donating both the two pairs of jeans and pink ribbon pins as incentive for donations.