I’m totally embarking on a T.V. detox. Hold me. I’ll be writing in more detail about the 21-day challenge I’ve been given over at The Trend Tribe in the next few weeks so be sure to click on over there and see what I’ve gotten myself into. In the meantime, a break from the boob tube kind of comes at a great time as I have a STACK of books and – almost outdated – magazines waiting to be thumbed through. Though I may soon be in mourning over missing my favorite sitcoms and reality train wrecks, the upside is I’ll have more time for reading! I’m so kidding myself here, aren’t I?
What’s on tap:
The four hundred magazines I splurged on recently at Target. And I wonder why my bill is always over $100.
– Vanity Fair with Mrs. Danny Moder on the cover. I’m not really interested in what she has to say about her new Snow White movie. I buy Vanity Fair for usually one reason only and it’s the FANFAIR: 30 Days in the Life of the Culture section. I heart VF!
– The beautiful brightly colored Easter eggs on the cover of Martha Stewart Living was what caught my eye but I’m drawn to the piece titled Labels 101: Organizing Systems That Actually Work. And you know Martha just debuted her new office supplies this month so this also means a trip to Staples is in the works too.
– I’m a sucker for Real Simple and I don’t even love the magazine. The covers always lure me, whispering “Hey Wendy…look…85 ways to look younger!” Sold.
– Jennifer Aniston is pure perfection on the March issue of In Style. She is simply the only reason why I threw it on the pile when I was checking out at Target. I’m hoping she spills her secrets on how to get her crazy great body. And I’m hoping it includes eating a shit ton of chips and salsa. But probably not.
– I blew through the US Weekly in two seconds flat and it’s already sitting in my recycle dumpster on the side of the house.
I’ve also committed to reviewing three books and I’m super excited to dive into those. What I didn’t realize is that one – a memoir – is nearly 900 pages. I had no idea I was taking on Tolstoy’s Anna Karenina! Could it even be as good? I’ll let you know.
I still have my book club’s book of the month to finish even though they already met last week to discuss the book (I had to miss because my back was hurting so badly). The Steve Jobs bio is still sitting on my beside table as is Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer. And hold the phone, I just realized that Foer also wrote Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. Wow. Those are completely different books.
And finally, I will have more time to read and comment on all my favorite blogs! You know who you are!
What have you been reading? Comment below and tell me because I’ll need something more to read after I get through this!
Have a great weekend!