Thank you to Kleenex Hand Towels for sponsoring this post about how I’m making my bathroom guest-ready! To learn more about Kleenex Hand Towels or to find out how you can save money when you buy your own, check out this site.
I really like to my home to look a certain way when entertaining guests. I like fresh flowers, a well stocked refrigerator and pantry, and shiny countertops. Ooh, I really like candles and ambient lighting too. And always a little something-something like cupcakes or homemade chocolate cookies. I want nothing more than my guests to feel welcomed and comfortable. Overnight visitors are few and far between but when it does happens I am certain my bathrooms are always guest ready!
Typically, the extra bathroom in my home houses dirty towels, hair products, and a sink full of sticky toothpaste. Hey, I never said I was perfect! But that certainly doest sound guest-ready, does it? When I know in advance that someone is coming to stay I always spring for a couple of new accessories from my local home store where I can get all the little luxuries that I love and hope that my guest will appreciate too. This includes:
- Big, bright, fluffy, fresh towels. My biggest pet peeve is having to use a towel that was washed but smells musty from sitting in the washing machine too long! Make sure those new towels are cleaned and hung or folded promptly after they are done in the dryer.
- Something silly, like a fun soap on-a-rope. While I know it’s not totally practical it’s definitely adorable!
- Beautiful bars of soap but for decoration only! I think a communal bar of soap is just plain gross but I love how they look – either unwrapped or kept in whatever pretty packaging it comes in. I love the idea of a huge glass hurricane jar filled with beautiful soaps!
- Hand soaps that you want your guest to use. I’m drawn to any pump soap with something eye catching on the label! I usually try to grab ones that are made of either organic ingredients or ones that labels color coordinate with my bathroom decor.
- Containers to hold ear swabs and cotton balls
- Non-slip bathmat for the shower floor! Find something cute because you certainly don’t want your guest slipping in your shower and suing you for their unpaid medical bills. True story. Not mine, thankfully!
- Unopened toiletries like toothpaste and a toothbrush, shower gel, lotion and hand cream, disposable razors, shampoo and conditioner.
- I always stash a hair dryer, curling iron, and flat iron in one of the drawers in case my guest forgot theirs.
- Extra paper products are a must! There is nothing worse as a house guest having to ask your hostess for more toilet paper. I’m crazy nuts about replacing the toilet paper roll with a new, fresh one and always have extras stored in an obvious place that’s easy to find.
- Reading material. Let’s be honest, we all like to read something while taking care of other business.
A luxurious bathroom isn’t always the best idea though. A couple of summers ago, we threw a huge 4th of July party at our house and I decked out our downstairs bathroom for the guests. We had the kids decorate festive t-shirts which turned out to be a terrible idea because everyone washed paint off their hands in my beautiful bathroom. My brand new, fluffy, and fresh hand towels were destroyed! This would have been the perfect scenario to use Kleenex Hand Towels! So, while I love a great towel I will certainly use Kleenex Hand Towels in the bathroom that gets a ton of party traffic!
Join the 14 million people who have already joined the Clean Hands campaign by using Kleenex Hand Towels, and click here for savings and more!
What’s one unexpected item you’d like to find in your hostess’ guest bathroom?